OOo 2.3.1 Problems

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Thu Dec 27 20:29:26 PST 2007

I have been unsuccessful in getting OOo 2.3.1 to work in any of
6.x/i386, 6.x/amd64 or 7.x/amd64 (locally compiled in all cases).  In
all cases, OOo will start but whenever I go to open a file, the
"unpacking file" boxes will appear across the bottom and then the
window will freeze (not update) and OOo will go to 100% CPU.  The same
effect occurs if I specify the file on the command line.  Note that
the 6.x/i386 has been freshly rebuilt from scratch (no installed
ports) so all the ports are consistent.  Any ideas on how to resolve
this?

I've tried triggering a coredump with a variety of signals and OOo
appears to go into a loop, continuously receiving the signal.

OOo is producing a couple of error messages but I'm not sure if
these are an issue or not:

turion% openoffice.org-2.3.1 fuel.ods
I18N: Operating system doesn't support locale "en_US"
paperconf: not found

(process:81488): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: gtype.c:2242: initialization assertion failed, use IA__g_type_init() prior to this function

(process:81488): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave: assertion `initialization_value != 0' failed

(process:81488): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_new: assertion `G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed
^C
turion%

My random collection of make.conf flags is:
COPTFLAGS=-O -pipe
CPUTYPE?=athlon-xp
DICT=English
DOC_LANG=en_US.ISO8859-1
DRM_NOLINUX=yes
ENABLE_SUID_SSH=true
ENGLISH_ONLY=yes
INDEXDIR=/var/db/ports
ISPELL_BRITISH=yes
JADETEX=yes
KERNCONF?=turion
MAKE_IDEA=YES
MAKE_RSAINTL=yes
MASTER_SITE_SAMBA+=ftp://au1.samba.org/pub/samba/%SUBDIR%/
MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE+=http://optusnet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/%SUBDIR%/
MASTER_SORT_REGEX='^file:'
NO_INET6=yes
NO_NIS=yes