OO-2.0.2 postinstall settings

Duane Whitty duane at greenmeadow.ca
Wed Mar 29 12:20:51 UTC 2006

Anton Statutov wrote:
> I'm using KDE 3.5 on FreeBSD 5.3. I have installed OO-2.0.2 from the
> ports tree. It works well but has no integration with the kde (I need
> to run it manually from console.)  What's the right way to use it from
> kde?
>
> Here is install command:
> cd /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-2.0 && make LOCALIZED_LANG=ru
> -DWITH_KDE -DWITHOUT_MOZILLA install clean
I'm using FreeBSD 6-STABLE; I don't know if it makes a difference.
Here is how I added OOo 2.0.2 for KDE 3.5

Right click on the KDE panel
Choose Panel Menu
Choose Add Application to Panel
Choose Add Non-KDE Application

Enter whatever you want for button title
Under executable enter /usr/local/bin/openoffice.org-2.0.2

This adds a button which will launch the full OOo suite as opposed
to just the editor, database, etc.  There are wrappers available that
will launch those applications separately if that is what you wish

To configure the icon for the button which will be displayed on the
panel:

Right click on the icon that was added to the panel in the previous step
Choose configure <Name you gave to the button>
Left click on the icon being used for the button
Choose Other icons under Icon Source
Choose Browse
Under Location enter
/usr/local/share/icons/crystalsvg/scalable/apps/openoffice.svgz
Click Open

After doing this I have the OOo icon on my KDE panel and I can launch
OOo without
problems.

Caveat:  Your file system paths may be different but these are where the
files are located
on my system.  YMMV

--Duane Whitty