openoffice.org patch for CUPS printing

Duane Whitty duane at greenmeadow.ca
Sun Mar 26 00:07:45 UTC 2006

Duane Whitty wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having trouble getting openoffice.org 2.0.2
> on FreeBSD 6.0-p6 to recognize my CUPS based
> printer.  My printer installation is working for
> other apps.  spadmin does not allow me to import
> my usr/local/share/ppd/HP/HP-PSC_1310-hpijs.ppd
> driver file.  When I click on OK nothing happens.
>
> After some research I found this patch (see below) but I don't
> understand how to apply it as I cannot find a
> config.in file under files.  I have saved this patch as patch-cups
> under files
>
> Any advice would be appreciated.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> --Duane Whitty
Hi,

I got OpenOffice.org  2.0.2 to work with CUPS.  The install was actually
quite painless and the CUPS system was picked automatically.
The port is put together really well, thank you.  If I could make one
suggestion
it would be that a Makefile.doc would be nice to have included in the
top level
directory.  On my initial attempt at installation I read the Makefile
but there was
nothing in it that I recognized as telling me I needed to use WITH_CUPS or
WITH_KDE.  After I read the Makefile under files however all became
clear.  With
those defines everything worked without a hitch the first time.

So once again thanks and I hope my comment is useful.  It is intended
with nothing
but a desire to help.

Sincerely,

--Duane

P.S.

Maho, my apologies for not attributing to you the patch I attached in my OP.