Seeking approval for ports commit in editors/openoffice.org-2.0

Bartosz Fabianowski freebsd at chillt.de
Sat Feb 25 19:42:31 PST 2006

> First try this patch and verify WITHOUT_MOZILLA works.

As I mentioned in the bug report, I want to verify the patch works, but
I have to wait for the massive portupgrade after the libtool conversion
to finish. It should be done any minute now and I will run a recompile
of OOo overnight.

> we are now in the release process so you definitely need propsed patch

When I first mentioned the patch yesterday, it seemed really important
to me and I really thought it should go into ports ASAP. But on second
thought, I would like to retract that statement. The patch is in fact
almost irrelevant to users of 6.1/5.5-release. Those who the packages
included with the release won't even notice as pointyhat doesn't use
WITHOUT_MOZILLA. Those who compile stuff from ports should
cvsup/csup/portsnap before building anyway and will therefore not be
using the broken ports that comes with the release anyway.

So, the only people who have to suffer are bit are those of us who want
to build a working OOo *now*. But since there's a patch available
(thanks for turning it into a patch for the port, by the way), we can
just use that while ports are frozen.

I will report back once my build has completed (or failed). If the patch
works, it should be safe to commit once the ports slush is announced.

- Bartosz