Unable to build OpenOffice on one system (dmake error)

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Fri Feb 17 17:37:38 PST 2006

My fastest system, an Athlon-64 4400+ system, is unable to build
openoffice.org-2.0. It builds dmake and dies very quickly with:
dmake has been successfully built
dmake:  /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-2.0/work/OOB680_m1/solenv/inc/startup/
startup.mk:  line 24:  Error -- Expecting macro or rule defn, found neither
'---* *---'
*** Error code 255

Stop in /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-2.0.

This is a RELENG_6 system built from sources as of on Feb 15.
Line 24 looks like:
__.EXECS     !:= yes            # yes => define how to build executables.

I know nothing about dmake, so I have little idea what this means, but
it is frustrating. I'd really rather not have to build it on a slow
system that takes half a day to build it.

All ports are up-to-date. Ports tree was update this morning.

Any ideas of what is wrong or what other information I might provide?
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)