non-functional formatting toolbar in impress

Fernan Aguero fernan at iib.unsam.edu.ar
Mon Feb 6 06:30:59 PST 2006

Hi!

I just want to see if others have the same problem.

In impress, the text formatting toolbar is always greyed
out (you can't push buttons, open pop-up menus, etc.)

I'm using openoffice.org-SRC680_m146, installed from a
package.

To reproduce the problem, just open a new blank impress
document (New presentation) and make the text formatting
toolbar visible (View -> Toolbars -> Text Formatting), then
start typing, select the text and try to change the font.

If I do this, the only buttons that are not greyed out (ie.
are clickable) are the 'Character', 'Paragraph' and 'Bullets
and Numbering' buttons. Thus, the only way to change the
font, size, color of the text is through the 'Character'
button or the equivalent menu (Format -> Character).

Is this a known problem? FreeBSD specific?

Thanks in advance,

Fernan