ports/89393: can't install OpenOffice 2.0.0 from port

Erwin Lansing erwin at FreeBSD.org
Sat Dec 30 11:27:11 PST 2006

Synopsis: can't install OpenOffice 2.0.0 from port

State-Changed-From-To: closed->open
State-Changed-By: erwin
State-Changed-When: Sat Dec 30 19:26:25 UTC 2006
State-Changed-Why:
Reopen with feedback:

I am concerned about the feedback-timeout - this is the first
communication I have had about this - my ISP had problems and lost a
lot of my e-mail, and accidentlaly altered my password so I could not
log in for a bit. The timeout may be too short.

I tried this afternoon to install openoffice on FreeBSD 6.2-PRERELEASE
using
portupgrade -NP openoffice
and
portupgrade -NP openoffice.org

I also tried using sysinstall (post install configuration)

Although it offers me choices of several versions, eg
openoffice-1.0
openoffice-1.1
openoffice-2.0

none of the choices will install. I am pretty sure the problem
relates to confusion as to whether the port/package is called openoffice
or openoffice.org

I cannot attempt install from port at present owing to lack of HD space.
- as fast as I get more disk space, it fills up :-{

PS I want a PACKAGE  for FreeBSD on UltraSparc - my U60 machine has
insufficient space to compile openoffice too. Please!

regards

Andrew