Unable to build editors/openoffice.org-2 on 6.1

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Fri Dec 22 15:39:44 PST 2006

On Fri, 2006-Dec-22 02:40:53 -0800, Jack L. wrote:
>What are you typing to compile it?

My first attempt used "make".  When that blew up, I worked out that the
problem was that pkg_create was missing from my PATH, so I tried
PATH=$PATH:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/sbin make
but that blew up as well - I gather something is embedding $PATH from
early in the compilation and ignoring later changes.  I finally fixed
the problem by patching epm to use /usr/sbin/pkg_create rather than
relying on $PATH.  (This isn't a general fix because it doesn't handle
ports/sysutils/pkg_install)

I've written a PR but am still waiting for gnats to acknowledge it.

--
Peter Jeremy