Error compiling OO 2.0

Bartosz Fabianowski freebsd at chillt.de
Thu Nov 10 10:39:19 PST 2005

Lines 94 ff of configure.log:

configure:3118: checking for gcc
configure:3144: result: gcc-ooo
configure:3388: checking for C compiler version
configure:3391: gcc-ooo --version </dev/null >&5
gcc-ooo: not found

As you can see, the configure script correctly determines that it should
be using gcc-ooo as the compiler. But when it tries to invoke the
compiler, the executable (/usr/local/bin/gcc-ooo) is not found. It
really seems to me that something odd happened to your gcc-ooo
installation, i.e. it got deinstalled improperly at some point in the
past and the ports framework is thinking it's still there. As I said in
my previous mail, try this (as root):

cd /usr/ports/lang/gcc-ooo
make clean && make && make install && make clean
cd /usr/ports/editors/openoffice.org-2.0
make clean && make

HTH
- Bartosz