[kde-freebsd] Re: OpenOffice2: Missing OpenOffice1 stuff

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Mon Nov 7 03:39:15 PST 2005

On Monday, 7. November 2005 11:33, Bartosz Fabianowski wrote:
> > Poking around the install directory I found some .desktop files, but
> > they were broken.
>
> As has been pointed out on the freebsd-openoffice mailing list a couple
> times, the desktop files can be fixed easily. Of course, manual fixing
> and copying is no viable solution in the long run. Also, icons are not
> getting installed and there is currently no known way of fixing this.
> But if you want a short term solution, here it goes:
>
> The .desktop files get installed in:
>
> /usr/local/openoffice.org2.0.0/share/xdg

Ah, that's where they're hiding. Unfortunately that directory does not have
the correct structure to be automatically recognized by XDG compatible
applications...

> The names of the executables referenced in the .desktop files are not
> quite correct - you need to fix them.

... and that doesn't help things much either.

OpenOffice maintainers:

If you install the .desktop files
to /usr/local/openoffice.org2.0.0/share/xdg/applications instead (the
applications subdirectory is important), I could extend the misc/kde-xdg-env
port to add usr/local/openoffice.org2.0.0/share/xdg to the XDG_DATA_DIRS path
and the OO.o applications would automatically be added to the Office submenu.

Patching them to point to the correct executable name would be nice as well of
course. What do you think?

Cheers,
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org