Ports install won't work

Mike O'Brien obrien at rush.aero.org
Thu Mar 24 13:36:48 PST 2005

	I just installed openoffice-1.1.4 on a 4-STABLE system.
I can't get the application to start.  I run the installed
program at /usr/local/bin/OpenOffice.org1.1.4 and it goes through
the install process (I've tried both Local and Workstation installs),
creating the default folder in my home directory.  When I then try
to run either /usr/local/bin/OpenOffice.org1.1.4 again, or
{localdir}/soffice, I get this message:

The application cannot be started.
The configuration service is not available.
Start the setup application to repair the installation from the CD or the folder containing the installation packages.

	Needless to say, doing this goes through the repair
process, to no effect.  Same thing happens after repair.

	I don't even know how to begin troubleshooting
this.  Any hints?

	I installed OpenOffice-1.1.3 earlier and it's working
fine.

Mike O'Brien