intrusive PORTREVISION bumping

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sun Mar 13 21:31:12 PST 2005

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 00:13:20 -0500 (EST), Mikhail Teterin
<mi at corbulon.video-collage.com> wrote:

>> On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 23:43:31 -0500 (EST), Mikhail Teterin
>> <mi at corbulon.video-collage.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Why was the PORTREVISION of editors/ooodict-all bumped on Saturday?
>> > According to the log message, it was to "chase the glib20 version".
>> >
>> > The port installs nothing but data and does not even build anything.
>> >
>> > I understand, that keeping track of such things complicates gnome's
>> > upgrade commits, but such gratuitous bumping is going to result in
>> > plenty of automatic reinstalls around the world _for no good reason
>> > whatsoever_...
>> >
>> > Can it, please, be avoided in the future? Thanks!
>>
>> Yes, if you keep your eyes open.
>
>> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-openoffice/2005-March/001377.html
>
> You must think, I'm on the openoffice@ list. I'm not. I'm just a user of
> their port(s)...
>
> I don't think, they ought to be responsible either -- Gnome@'s method of
> determining the dependencies is flawed... Yours,

??

===================================
# cd /usr/ports/editors/ooodict-all
# make -V MAINTAINER
openoffice at FreeBSD.org

Bump PORTREVISION is no big deal and we are human, not a machine. If
marcus gets repsone from whomever for remove editors/ooodict-all from the
list in that time and it will never be bump.

Cheers,
Mezz

> 	-mi

FreeBSD GNOME Team