openoffice-1.1.4 package missing

NAKATA Maho chat95 at mac.com
Sun Mar 13 00:11:06 PST 2005

In Message-ID: <4233E006.8090801 at mawit.com>
"Jukka A. Ukkonen" <jau at mawit.com> wrote:

> 	I was looking for openoffice-1.1.4 package for FreeBSD-4.11 (STABLE),
> 	and to my astonishment your site still carries only the old 1.1.0
> 	package.
where?
ftp://ooopackages.good-day.net/pub/OpenOffice.org/FreeBSD/ ?
http://oootranslation.services.openoffice.org/pub/OpenOffice.org/ooomisc/FreeBSD/
?

> 	Assuming others might also be looking first to your site for 1.1.4
> 	binaries, would it not be worthwhile distributing also that version
> 	for both FreeBSD-4-STABLE and FreeBSD-5-STABLE?

I think so too. however who will maintain/provide this?

> 	So, could you do the community a service by posting also 1.1.4
> 	binary packages to your site?

BTW: FBSD 4 has serious bug(?) so that I don't recommend you to use it.
OOo 2.0 also has serious bug so that we should work toward it.

Anyway, I don't want to do it. since FBSD 4 has serious bug(?).
see http://porting.openoffice.org/freebsd/ for detail.

Building OOo is extremely easy. so I'm waiting for person who can do it.
-- NAKATA, Maho (maho at FreeBSD.org)