Odd problem building OpenOffice

Justin R. Smith jsmith at drexel.edu
Wed Mar 9 09:53:34 PST 2005

I use two machine, seemingly configured the same.

On the slower machine, I have no trouble building OpenOffice (1.1.4 and
2.0) but on the faster machine (with hyperthreading) I get the message:

"File to patch:"

with both versions, and the build fails. It's as if the build-script is
not supplying the file name to the patch program properly.

Obviously, I would like to build openoffice on the faster machine... I
have no idea why the same build-script behaves differently on the two
machines.

Any suggestions?