Problems building openoffice-1.1 port on 5.3

Eric Bourassa ebourass at easystreet.com
Fri Jan 21 13:50:36 PST 2005

I have a 5.3 box with xorg (as default) and am using KDE as the WM.  I built
firefox and thunderbird from ports.

I went through the dependencies portion of the openoffice-1.1 build with
little trouble (OK, it is a pain to have to download the java pieces by
hand).

When it finally gets to building openoffice-1.1, things appear to go
reasonably smoothly until the end, when I get:

--
Local Script Particel Zip (c) 2000 Sun Microsystems

WARNING! Project(s):
gtk

not found and couldn't be built. Correct build.lsts.

===>  Installing for openoffice-1.1.4
===>   openoffice-1.1.4 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/perl5.8.5 - found
===>   openoffice-1.1.4 depends on executable: pkg-config - found
===>   Generating temporary packing list
===>  Checking if editors/openoffice-1.1 already installed
./install: not found
*** Error code 127
--

It looks like the gtk issue is insignificant; it occurs only in the crashrep
package.  What I haven't worked out yet is what should have built the

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Eric