Unable to build openoffice-2.0-devel on current system

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Thu Aug 11 15:30:12 GMT 2005

> Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 08:06:54 +0900 (JST)
> From: NAKATA Maho <chat95 at mac.com>
>
> In Message-ID: <20050810180237.267845D07 at ptavv.es.net>
> Kevin Oberman <oberman at es.net> wrote:
>
> Last week I installed 7-current on my HDD. but I'm testing
> buildablity on 6 since we are preparing 6.0-RELEASE.
> so please wait...
>
> > 1. gcc-ooo failed because V7 is not listed in config.gcc. I get: 'Please
> > update *-*-freebsd* in gcc/config.gcc' when I try to configure.
> > *-*-freebsd6 | *-*-freebsd[67].*)
> Thanks! this reduced my work a lot!

Please note that I am NOT confident that my fix is correct, only that it
lets gcc-ooo build. The errors reported make me suspicious that my "fix"
is not correct.

> > 2. The build ran fine for some time, but then died in the build for
> > pyuno.
> I know it and I've already analyzed and made a fix.
> Please wait.
>
> todo
> 1. prepare for 6.0
>    (1.1 is okay and 2.0 is almost okay)
> 2. patch review for 4 (a JCA signed preson submitted 4 patches for me)
> 3. build for 7.

Sounds like the only way to go. I'll be waiting and will live with 1.1.4
for the time being. (That's really hard when you've been using 2.0!)

Thanks so much for the prompt response.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)