Package built for 4.10-RELEASE

Jonathan McKeown jonathan at hst.org.za
Thu Oct 14 03:39:13 PDT 2004

I'm grateful that someone is building packages for OpenOffice after the
experience of trying to build from source on 4.9-RELEASE.

However my gratitude is tempered by the fact that nowhere do you make it clear
that the package is only for 4.10-RELEASE with X.Org - so having spent half a
day downloading the package, it's useless to me.

Please note, I'm not complaining about how the package is built, nor am I
demanding that someone else build it for me - that's what the ports tree is
for, after all.

All I'm saying is, if the package has such a major requirement as replacing
the windowing system with X.Org, please mention it up front.

Thanks
Jonathan