Openoffice-1.1 depends on 5 different jdks

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Wed Mar 24 15:03:30 PST 2004

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 10:53:31PM +0200, Alexey Zelkin wrote:
> hi,
>
> On my work machine this list is limited to
>
> /usr/ports/java/jdk14
> /usr/ports/java/linux-sun-jdk14
>
> jdk14 is listed as build dependancy in openoffice itself.  and linux-sun-jdk14
> is used as default build dependancy for jdk14.

The dependency lists are influenced by what ports you have on your
local system.  If you want to simulate what will happen on a clean
system, first set LOCALBASE, X11BASE and PREFIX to dummy values
(e.g. /nonexistent).

Actually, looking into this a bit more I think there's a bug in 'make
all-depends-list' that is (incorrectly) recursively collecting
build-depends entries for dependent ports.  The other jdks are showing
up because e.g.

openoffice BUILD_DEPENDS on apache-ant

apache-ant BUILD_DEPENDS on jdk12 by default

jdk12 BUILD_DEPENDS on jdk11 and linux-blackdown-jdk12

etc.

This does hilight the bsd.java.mk problem that old versions of the jdk
are used by default by the USE_JAVA=1.2+ construction, which defaults
to the oldest possible jdk (1.2) instead of the newest stable version.

Kris