Openoffice and thread libs

Adam Weinberger adamw at FreeBSD.org
Tue Feb 10 00:01:41 PST 2004

>> (02.10.2004 @ 0249 PST): Alex Dupre said, in 1.2K: <<
> I still cannot compile OpenOffice with libpthread...I recompiled all my
> ports (except jdk1.4.2 that requires libc_r) to use libpthread, but OO
> compilation fails and I think because of a mixing of thread
> libraries...the build really doesn't fail, but I see a few of core dump
> (signal 11) for "lzip" (for example "lzip -p . -S -e
> ../unxfbsd.pro/misc/lzip.log -l 01 -f openoffice.lst -d
> ../unxfbsd.pro/01 -n OfficeOSL") that avoid correct installation. I
> could't reproduce the dump (because OO compilation is really a mess) but
> I see that lzip is linked to libc_r, and to other libs linked to
> libpthread. I have a lzip.core dump, and the backtrace says:
>
> #0  0x2887bb87 in fork () from /usr/lib/libc_r.so.5
> #1  0x28a1c5d9 in system () from /lib/libc.so.5
> #2  0x28879a37 in system () from /usr/lib/libc_r.so.5
> #3  0x0804bcda in StartJob() ()
> #4  0x0804c435 in main ()
> #5  0x0804aa82 in _start ()
>
> The system is a yesterday -CURRENT.....someone else has this problem?
>> end of "Openoffice and thread libs" from Alex Dupre <<

I think I've found a fix.

make configure, and then edit wor/oo_1.1_src/FreeBSDEnv.Set and
FreeBSDEnv.Set.sh. In there, you'll find PTHREAD_LIBS= -lc_r. Change
that to -lpthread and it should build correctly.

I'm still waiting for a response from the openoffice folks as to how
this file is generated.

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger