Gnome-2.4 Desktop setup questions

Vladimir B. Grebenschikov vova at sw.ru
Thu Sep 25 01:12:41 PDT 2003

В чт, 25.09.2003, в 11:55, Joe Marcus Clarke пишет:

> > 2. Also I have no openoffice items in gnome default menus and gnome
> > mimetypes (not sure, may be it is question to freebsd-openoffice)
>
> You have to add them.  I had to setup my associations so Word, Excel,
> PPT docs are opened with openoffice.

Not look too user-friendly :(

With such approach it will be too difficult to get many users for Gnome.

OpenOffice  handles a lot of mime-types, and I am sure that all handlers
should be installed automatically or semi-automatically. As well as
menu-items.

Anyway, I think it is quest for openoffice port.

--
Vladimir B. Grebenschikov <vova at sw.ru>
SWsoft Inc.