M$ and Open Office

Andy K andy at richardflanagan.com.au
Tue Sep 23 15:42:33 PDT 2003

Thanks Martin

Being a newbie, I am not sure what information to provide. Thanks for
the tip.
I am using version 1.0.3, (Thats what the directory in home says) and I
installed from the ports collection. Installation seemed to go smoothly,
it took awhile as I am using a P2 with 128MB RAM, but no errors at the
end, and all aspects of the program open and work fine - except when it
comes to opening M$ docs. When I try to open a M$ doc, all of the
information disappears and I get a k# at the top of the page only, or I
get the error - An unrecoverable error has occurred. All modified files
have been saved and can probably be recovered at program restart.- I
have also noticed  that the word docs do not have a word icon, yet the
excel doc does.(Microsoft office 97 icons) The original docs are in
office XP format.

Regards
Andrew Kozak