RC4 on FreeBSD 5.1

Robert Klein RoKlein at roklein.de
Wed Sep 17 12:29:54 PDT 2003

Hi,

I've tried to run the package from imp.ch on 5.1.

Found two minor glitches:
OOo looks for ld-elf.so.1 in /libexec when it is in /usr/libexec
(I created a symling as work-around).

The other one was the -- already mentioned on the list -- missint
soffice.cfg in ${userinstalldir}/user/config/.

It has a sluggish feel sometimes, for example when calling help,
but works without any problems right now.

It's really great for OOo to finally be able to automatically
switch asian/european fonts _and_ print the result in a useable
manner!
(1.0.3 couldn't switch and koffice OTOH could not print...)
I began typing some mixed german/chinese stuff from class and it
is like a dream finally come true.  A very big "Thank you!" to
the team!

Regards,
Robert