ooo 1.1RC5 package problem

Chris Yuzik chris at fractalweb.com
Fri Oct 10 12:38:45 PDT 2003

Hi,

I'm on FreeBSD 5.1 and installed the package for Openoffice.org 1.1 RC5 that's
on your website...thanks for putting this together. :-)

One problem that I and others have been having is that after the package
installs, the text says to type "openoffice" as user to continue. That
doesn't work at all. After doing some searching, the user must type
"openoffice-1.1" to start the install. Perhaps either a sym link could be
created or the instructions changed.

Also, and more importantly (because it was more difficult to figure out), the
setup won't start. It complains with the following message (3 times):

	ELF interpreter /libexec/ld-elf.so.1 not found
	Abort trap

Evidently, it's looking in the wrong place for the libexec dir. By creating a
sym link, everything is wonderful now.

	ln -s /usr/libexec /libexec

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Chris
--
Chris Yuzik
chris at fractalweb.com
604-304-0444

A system admin's life is a sorry one.  The only advantage he has over
Emergency Room doctors is that malpractice suits are rare.  On the
other hand, ER doctors never have to deal with patients installing
new versions of their own innards!
                -- Michael O'Brien