BYTE_ORDER undefined in osssound.cxx ?

walt wa1ter at myrealbox.com
Sun May 4 20:46:13 PDT 2003

Martin Blapp wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>The line in question is:
>>#if BYTE_ORDER == LITTLE_ENDIAN
>

> Just fixed it. It should have been
>
> #if _BYTE_ORDER == _LITTLE_ENDIAN

I can see that you made the change in soundcard.h and it
appears correct -- unfortunately I still get exactly the
same compilation error:

In file included from /usr/ports/editors/openoffice/work/oo_1.0.3_src/vcl/unx/source/app/osssound.cxx:78:
/usr/include/sys/soundcard.h:166:17: operator '==' has no left operand
dmake:  Error code 1, while making '../../../unxfbsd.pro/slo/osssound.obj'

'No left operand' is a really weird error message.  Have you
ever seen it before?  I wonder if the syntax error message is
one of those misleading clues that misses the real error on a
previous line?