FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE

Carlos F. A. Paniago pan at panix.ecof.org.br
Thu Dec 25 07:50:01 PST 2003

Hi (merry christmas to all):
I compiling the OO 1.1-pt_BR in FreeBSD 4.9 and I get this message in
the beggining:
---
OO.org can crash if you enter a non existing path
or URL in the location bar. To fix these crashes
you need a uncommitted system patch for rtld:

http://people.freebsd.org/~mbr/ooo/rtld-symlookup.diff

OO.org build can deadlock in regmerge. You can work around
this problem with this patch:

http://people.freebsd.org/~mbr/ooo/rtld-builddeadlock.diff
---
I looked in this two patches and it is already done in FreeBSD
4.9-STABLE. My qustion is: We need this comment in freebsd 4.9-CURRENT?
I looking in the Makefile code and I found:

.if ${OSVERSION} < 500000

In the two ofending lines. It is posible to change this two at least to:

.if ${OSVERSION} < 490100

Because in this two cases, FreeBSD-STABLE is working. The better is to
find the correct version
where this changes could be done. But changing this 2 lines help people
with the -STABLE branch..

Maho??? Could you please do this????

Paniago

--