Libreoffice General Error

Daryl Sayers daryl at ci.com.au
Thu Jan 30 20:43:10 UTC 2014

>> I am having trouble with libreoffice when I build from a clean ports
>> tree. I am getting a "General Error" when I try to save a new file,
>> Save As or open an existing file. It seams each task completes
>> correctly but the behavior very annoying.
>> All ports were built and installed with default configs. My X server
>> is a thin client using xdmcp and so I am only using the X clients
>> from my FreeBSD machine. After lots of testing I found if I remove
>> the installed port rasqal-0.9.31 and install the package via pkg_add
>> -r rasqal which installs rasqal-0.9.30 the problem goes away.
>>
>> Any ideas why my ports using rasqal-0.9.31 cause this problem. I do
>> wish to install everything out of my ports tree so I would really
>> like a resolution to this.
>>
> I use revision 341159 and LibreOffice and do not see this problem. This
> revision includes rasqal-0.9.31.

> I recompiled my installed ports just a day ago but did not update my
> ports tree.

Thanks for the info. I first built ports tree with revision 335076 (2013-11-28)
and had the problem so I built a brand new FreeBSD 9.2 machine and svn'ed a
clean ports tree last week (rev 340875). This also had the problem which is
why I asked for help. Not sure where to go now....

--
Daryl Sayers                             Direct: +612 95525510
Bing Technologies                        Office: +612 95525500
Suite 54, 26-32 Pirrama Rd                email: daryl at ci.com.au
Pyrmont NSW 2009 Australia                  www: http://www.ci.com.au