Fixing USE_GCC for LibreOffice on i386

Gabor Pali pgj at FreeBSD.org
Sat May 11 20:59:23 UTC 2013

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 11:42 AM, Tijl Coosemans <tijl at coosemans.org> wrote:
> It has always worked fine for me on i386 with clang. I suspect that
> some libreoffice dependency got compiled with lang/gcc* and therefore
> links with /usr/local/lib/gcc*/libstdc++.so.6 while a clang compiled
> libreoffice links with /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6.

This problem persists for me even if I build the port in a clean-room
environment (i.e. a 9.0-RELEASE poudriere jail).  Note that this is
9.1-RELEASE.  I tried to track down the problem -- all I got is a
backtrace for the crash, but I could not investigate this further as
GDB (7.5.1) was not able to fully work with the Clang-generated binary
(*).

(*) I was told that it may be because GDB is known to not read all
DWARF information generated by Clang.