OpenOffice on 9-stable secretly works

Andrew Johnson daeron at optushome.com.au
Thu Jan 17 10:54:38 UTC 2013

 OpenOffice-3 does build and install on 9.1-stable
but it kept telling me otherwise.

1) line 128 of the Makefile aborts the build with a "textproc/libexttextcat needs COMPAT_TEXTCAT enabled" message

##- Ignore it, I commented it out and did another "make"

2) OpenOffice then compiled until it produced this message:

 "1 module(s):
        moz
need(s) to be rebuilt

Reason(s):
ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making /usr/ports/editors/openoffice-3/work/aoo-3.4.1/main/moz

When you have fixed the errors in that module you can resume the build by running:
        build --from moz

*** [do-build] Error code 1
Stop in /usr/ports/editors/openoffice-3."

##-  ignoring the "moz" message, my next "make" from the openoffice-3 port directory succeeded.

3)  So I decided to do a "make install" which aborted with a message alleging
"===>  Installing for libexttextcat-3.4.0
===>   Generating temporary packing list
===>  Checking if textproc/libexttextcat already installed
===>   libexttextcat-3.4.0 is already installed
      You may wish to ``make deinstall'' and install this port again
      by ``make reinstall'' to upgrade it properly.
      If you really wish to overwrite the old port of textproc/libexttextcat
      without deleting it first, set the variable "FORCE_PKG_REGISTER"
      in your environment or the "make install" command line.
*** [check-already-installed] Error code 1
Stop in /usr/ports/textproc/libexttextcat.
*** [install] Error code 1
Stop in /usr/ports/textproc/libexttextcat.
*** [lib-depends] Error code 1
Stop in /usr/ports/editors/openoffice-3.
*** [install] Error code 1
Stop in /usr/ports/editors/openoffice-3."

##-  So I did a deinstall of libexttextcat, and then another "make install" of openoffice-3,
  which installed without further complaint.
  I re-installed  libexttextcat, and did the user "openoffice-3.4.1" for a fresh OpenOffice user setup.

 It seems to be fine. It is just weird that the port created these three semingly misleading error messages.
:)