libreoffice update fails

AN andy at neu.net
Thu Feb 7 00:27:10 UTC 2013

On Wed, 6 Feb 2013, Jung-uk Kim wrote:

> On 2013-02-05 20:16:36 -0500, Jung-uk Kim wrote:
>> On 2013-02-05 19:03:01 -0500, AN wrote:
>>> The build is still failing.
>>
>>> FreeBSD FBSD10 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #33 r246130:
>>> Wed Jan 30 15:00:08 EST 2013
>>> root at FBSD10:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MYKERNEL  amd64

>>> gmake[2]: ***
>>> [/tmp/lobuild/workdir/unxfbsd.pro/CustomTarget/testtools/uno_test.done]
>>

>> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

>> Hmm, interesting...  You can try this patch to bypass the test:
>>
>> http://svn.redports.org/office/editors/libreoffice/files/patch-testtools__Module_testtools.mk
>
> Committed
>>
> (r311792).  Make sure to turn off C++ unit tests, i.e.,
> unset CPPUNIT option.
>
> Jung-uk Kim

Hi JKim:

Ok, your patch worked LO builds for me now.  However there are still
problems. If I select "About Libreoffice" from the help menu the program
crashes with:
# soffice
'com::sun::star::loader::CannotActivateFactoryException'

Also, the spellcheck function does not work for me.  Does spellcheck work
for you?

You wrote to me in another email "Mixing binaries built with different C++
headers/libraries is nothing
but asking for trouble.  When people build it from pristine
environment, they don't experience this type of build problems because
of that reason.  Probably you can fix the problem by rebuilding all
dependencies with *base* compiler."

How would I fix the problem by rebuilding all
dependencies with *base* compiler?

# cat /etc/make.conf
#FETCH_CMD=axel
#FETCH_BEFORE_ARGS= -n 5 -a
#DISABLE_SIZE=yes

# added by use.perl 2012-12-05 00:36:53
PERL_VERSION=5.16.2

#.include "/usr/local/etc/port_sites.conf"

QT4_OPTIONS= QGTKSTYLE
MALLOC_PRODUCTION=yes

OVERRIDE_LINUX_BASE_PORT=f10

How did I end up Mixing binaries built with different C++
headers/libraries, was it by building LO with GCC?

Anyway thank you for trying to help me fix this problem.  It's too
frustrating right now.  I'll just use LO in a Linux virtual machine for
now.  I'll stop bothering you with this problem :)