ports/168835: devel/boost-all: inkscape 0.48.2 will crash throwing exception "std::runtime_error: locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid"

Raphael Kubo da Costa rakuco at FreeBSD.org
Sun Feb 3 19:50:02 UTC 2013

The following reply was made to PR ports/168835; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Raphael Kubo da Costa <rakuco at FreeBSD.org>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/168835: devel/boost-all: inkscape 0.48.2 will crash throwing exception "std::runtime_error: locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid"
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2013 21:40:37 +0200

 Yes, this bug should be more frequent than before, in fact. r311308
 actually removed a few patches added in r267504 which prevented this
 issue from happening. I'm not 100% sure they were the right fix, though.

 The problem hasn't been completely solved upstream either ([1] is still
 open).

 As [2] explains, the problem is that we build gcc (both in base and
 ports) without passing --clocale=gnu to it, so when boost calls
 std::locale("") it will fail if LC_ALL is set to anything but "POSIX" or
 "C".

 [1] https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5928
 [2] https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/4688#comment:17