ports/167441: editors/libreoffice - Unable to print

Peter Jeremy peter at rulingia.com
Sun May 27 03:50:04 UTC 2012

The following reply was made to PR ports/167441; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Peter Jeremy <peter at rulingia.com>
To: Baptiste Daroussin <bapt at freebsd.org>
Cc: bug-followup at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: ports/167441: editors/libreoffice - Unable to print
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 13:40:59 +1000

 --jy6Sn24JjFx/iggw

 On 2012-May-18 23:54:45 +0000, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt at freebsd.org> wrote:
 >Did you try rebuilding removing the --without-ppds as you propose? and
 >can you confirm that it fixes the problem for you?

 Sorry for the delay.  If I remove the --without-ppds option and
 rebuild libreoffice, then printing does work for me.  Caveats:
 - Only a generic PPD is installed, you need to manually install a
   PPD for your printer.  This wasn't an issue for me because OOo
   doesn't come with a suitable PPD either.
 - spadmin appears to do nothing for several minutes on the first
   interaction after starting.  Once this timeout has passed, it
   behaves normally.
 - Starting to print is extremely slow.

 I suspect the latter two points may be related to it trying to connect
 to an ipp server and timing out (even when CUPS is disabled in spadmin).

 --=20
 Peter Jeremy

 --jy6Sn24JjFx/iggw

 --jy6Sn24JjFx/iggw--