LO & OO need conflicting libexttextcat/libtextcat ports

Peter Jeremy peter at rulingia.com
Mon May 14 22:30:37 UTC 2012

Currently, LibreOffice requires libexttextcat and OpenOffice requires
libtextcat.  Unfortunately, both libexttextcat and libtextcat conflict
because both install (the undocumented) /usr/local/bin/createfp but
otherwise install different files (so libexttextcat isn't a dropin
replacement for libtextcat).  I've had a very quick look inside OO and
it doesn't look trivial to make it use libexttextcat.

Can this conflict be resolved?  I'd like to experiment with LO but
given that crucial areas of LO are broken (eg printing doesn't work
until you copy a couple of directories from OO), having OO installed
is still a prerequisite to getting work done.

--
Peter Jeremy