Legwork to upgrade devel/icu

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 26 15:05:00 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 06:52:04PM +0000, Chris Rees wrote:
> On 23 March 2012 01:27, Mel Flynn <mel at rachie.is-a-geek.net> wrote:
> > Hiya,
> >
> > was trying to see if 1.49 also has a problem on clang/i386 so I did the
> > legwork to upgrade devel/icu. Unfortunately the problem persists, but
> > I'm not able to find the cause. Either way, maybe this helps someone.
> >
> > diff is attached and build archive here:
> > https://redports.org/buildarchive/20120323005457-06149/
>
> Bapt, would you like me to take a look at this?
>
> It'll probably need an exp-run, right? :(
>
> Chris

It will require more than a exp-run, icu is known to have large inpact, for
example we got some really weird bug with utf8 on libreoffice.

So
1/ it needs an exp-run
2/ it will also need a call for tester and in particular trying to get feedback
from LO users

And yes if you want to work on it, please go ahead, I just can't find anymore
time to work on large ports for now :(.

regards,
Bapt