make failed for editors/libreoffice

John Marshall john.marshall at riverwillow.com.au
Tue Jun 5 01:12:26 UTC 2012

On 05/06/2012 03:36, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> I have now completed the build of libreoffice, but not easily. It
> looks like something in the parallelization of build might be broken.
>
> I have a dual-core Sandybridge CPU (so it has 4  CPUs with
> hyperthreading). If I try to make libreoffice I get failures in vcl,
> framework, sfx2, and tail_builds. (I also have to apply the patch to
> prevent the lotuswordpro module from trying to build.) In all of the
> four failures, if I follow the instructions and run bash, cd to the
> directory where the error occurred, source the env file and 'gmake
> -r', the project builds cleanly. Of course, gmake in the directory
> does the build serially, so I suspect a parallelization issue.

My (eventual) successful build was prior to the png bump and involved
jumping through *exactly* the same hoops (separate gmake-r in vcl,
framework, sfx2, tail_builds; and lotuswordpro patch); but my build was
on a Pentium-m (no hyperthreading).

> After the build completes and I install the new port, it dies fairly
> early in the initialization. the first time I tried, the progress bar
> on the spash moved about 10% of the way across before the exit.
> Subsequent attempts fail almost immediately after the splash appears.
> In all cases, it just exists with no error message or error status at
> all (exit 0).

I saw the same thing and tried starting from a shell prompt. The message
returned every time, whichever module I tried to run, was a single-line,
"No fonts could be found on the system".

> I used to have libreoffice running before the png updates. Maybe I
> need to move back to the legacy version? I know that I had a problem
> building that at one time.

I tried again after png, started jumping through the same hoops and gave up.

I can supply build logs if anybody is interested.

--
John Marshall