editors/openoffice-3 build failure (lingucomponent) and fix

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jul 27 23:29:37 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 11:00:43PM +0000, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 11:57:21AM +0900, Maho NAKATA wrote:
> > Hi Jan Henrik
> >
> > Sorry to say, but I cannot reproduce your error.
> > My testbuild was finished succesfully (in my tinder box)
> > on 9.0-RELEASE/amd64.
> > thanks
> >  Nakata Maho
> >
> > From: Jan Henrik Sylvester <me at janh.de>
> > Subject: editors/openoffice-3 build failure (lingucomponent) and fix
> > Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 17:35:55 +0200
> >
> > > While the same version build fine some time ago, editors/openoffice-3
> > > failed to build lingucomponent during my last attempt on
> > > 9.0-RELEASE/amd64 and 9.0-RELEASE/i386, because 'utfstrlen' was not
> > > declared.
> > >
> > > I found a patch to libreoffice on NetBSD for the very same issue:
> > > ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/current/pkgsrc/misc/libreoffice/patches/patch-lingucomponent_source_languageguessing_simpleguesser.cxx
> > >
> > > I do not know if the fix is correct, but I did the same replacement
> > > and with the patch attached in editors/openoffice-3/files/, I was able
> > > to build editors/openoffice-3 again on both 9.0-RELEASE/amd64 and
> > > 9.0-RELEASE/i386.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Jan Henrik
>
> I do think he should be using libexttextcat with libtextcat compatibility
> option.
>
> This change is one of the changes that happended in libexttextcat
>
> regards,
> Bapt

After checking you can apply the patch (we also have it in libreoffice FreeBSD
:)) to openoffice by testing

#ifdef EXTTEXTCAT_VERSION
... utfstrlen
#else
... strlen
#endif

Like this you can still build openoffice with both libtextcat and libexttextcat
(with compat option)

regards,
Bapt