Libreoffice 3.5.4.2 build fails on current (canvas part)

Lawrence K. Chen, P.Eng. lkchen at ksu.edu
Thu Jul 5 22:14:15 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> I admit that I cleaned up a bit, and recreating build environment
> to a point where canvas failed would take a while (sorry), however
> isn't lang/clang the same as one in base?
>
> $ clang -v
> FreeBSD clang version 3.1 (branches/release_31 156863) 2012052

Earlier this week when I ran into problems updating to the latest libreoffice, I opted to just wait it out.

But, they yesterday I got a system to a state where I decided that it would be easiest to 'pkg_delete -a' and redo all my ports.  So, I found myself trying to get the latest libreoffice to build.

Trying this, I got:

$ clang -v
FreeBSD clang version 3.0 (branches/release_30 142614) 20111021
Target: x86_64-unknown-freebsd9.0
Thread model: posix

Hmm, what's not what libreoffice is using....

$ /usr/local/bin/clang -v
clang version 3.1 (branches/release_31)
Target: amd64-portbld-freebsd9.0
Thread model: posix

So, ports version is newer than base version for me.

So, when the build got stuck on 'canvas', I tweaked that step to use base clang and it worked.  Then it got stuck on 'avmedia', again switching to base clang got that step to compile. And, then 'tail_build'....and then I forgot to switch back to clang 3.1, and finished out the build and install using base clang.

It'll start, but seems to have issues...though not sure if its my problems in getting a stable X Desktop or not.

Maybe I should rebuild it all with base clang....