ports/168717: editors/libreoffice: does not compile

J B jb.1234abcd at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 22:20:12 UTC 2012

The following reply was made to PR ports/168717; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: J B <jb.1234abcd at gmail.com>
To: FreeBSD-gnats-submit at freebsd.org, freebsd-bugs at freebsd.org
Subject: ports/168717: editors/libreoffice: does not compile
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 00:16:37 +0200

 > The trick is to remove boost.  Libreoffice uses its own bundled version.
 >
 > Chris

 But it seems that libreoffice and the other ports/packages require the same
 boost-* packages versions. So, libreoffice should not require to
 remove them, only to install the same from its bundle you say (?), which
 actually is a download from a distinct site as shown in my build log:
 > => Attempting to fetch http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/project/boost/boost/1.48
 > .0/boost_1_48_0.tar.bz2
 > boost_1_48_0.tar.bz2                          100% of   46 MB  240 kBps 00m00s
 > ===>  Extracting for boost-libs-1.48.0

 The missing "REQUIRED_BY' file should be there too and include libreoffice and
 the other ports/packages for the integrity of packages database, and thus any
 package management utility like portmaster.

 I just installed povray-3.7.0.r3_2 and here you go,
 the boost-libs package database was updated:
 # cat /var/db/pkg/boost-libs-1.48.0/+REQUIRED_BY
 povray-3.7.0.r3_2

 So should libreoffice.
 Please reopen this PR until libreoffice build and packaging gets fixed.
 jb