libreoffice-3.4.3 fails to upgrade

George Liaskos geo.liaskos at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 13:37:17 UTC 2011

> There's always a reason behind the madness :)
>
> More internal dependencies that can be ripped out of LibreOffice means
> that compilation time is shorter, we have smaller packages, the
> software uses less disk space. This is why we have shared libraries.
>
> Bapt and others (possibly including you?) have done a fantastic job in
> sorting these dependencies-- it's worthwhile!
>
> Unfortunately there're teething problems with the dependencies, but
> when they're fixed it'll be much better.
>
> Chris

I understand this completely but db is not like, ICU for example.
It's quite small and i wonder if the cost outweights the benefit.

>btw there is still bugs with icons and .desktop
>(wanting libreoffice34).

Can you please be more specific, unfortunately i had no time to
compile LO after the version bump.

There are mtree issues for sure, but i don't really know how to resolve them.
I describe them in my previews email.

http://pastebin.com/Pi5A84fj

Regards,
George