Welcome to the team

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jul 25 15:21:34 UTC 2011

Hi,

First, welcome to the list and thank you for your subscription :).

Just a few notes on how this works.

This team has been created in order to have the office related ports
maintained by a pool of commiters and contributors rather then just
depending on a single person.

The other goal of the team is to try to keep those ports quite
consistent between each other, we can now easily discuss about what
option to activate by default or not, and try to apply the same rules to
all the subset of ports maintained by the team.

concerning the commit rules, except if someone has an objection, I
think the best for the team is to be "help yourself" driven, which mean
everyone can do the work without others approval, based on the idea that
anyone is smart enough to discuss big changes before doing it :)

I already gives all the ports I maintained which I considered as office
related to the list (including the associated PRs :)) feel free to add
yours, or those from ports@ if relevant.

What is in the office@ TODO list (in fact was in my todo list) and has
been started and not finished :

- Adding locales thesaurus ports (I think I have added all the possible
ones)
- Adding locales hyphenation ports (I think I have added all the
possible ones)
- Adding the hunspell dictionaries ports (lots of them are missing and
need to be added)
- Update the libreoffice to 3.4.2, George Liaskos Has already done some
nice work about this (I already forwarded this to the mailing list) but
I haven't had time to integrate his patch yet (there is a git repo here
: https://github.com/bapt/libreoffice-ports if need pgj@ has the commit
access to it, I can add the access to other people from the list just
ask :)) we can also decide that other places are suitable for that.
- Be able to provide l10n package for libreoffice, pgj@ has already
done a nice work about this, but they are created "the ugly way"
splitted the big fat libreoffice package. with 3.4 libreoffice uses
translation-toolkit to buit his l10n files, I'm sure we should be able
to build them directly from source this needs to be work on if it is
possible.
- Make use of local hyphen/thesaurus/dicts for libreoffice and maybe
others (OOo?) to reduce the size of the generated package (easier for
users to download) and to be able for users to have the last available
dictionary for their language.

Now please add/discuss your own project to that list, remove the maybe
crazy idea I got etc.

regards,
Bapt