hunspell, mythes and thesaurus bad idea?

Sunpoet Po-Chuan Hsieh sunpoet at FreeBSD.org
Tue Aug 2 10:22:42 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 01, 2011 at 10:01:56PM +0000, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I seems it was a really bad idea to add those dictionaries to the
> portstree at least the non versionned one as they keep moving.
>
> I'm thinking on removing them.
>
> Do you have an opinion, solution to fix this ?
>

> regards,
> Bapt

Hi all,

IMHO, it would be a feasible solution to change MASTER_SITES to LOCAL.
Though the distfiles may not be up to date, it at least guarantees the
build process won't break due to checksum mismatch.

It also has a minor benefit. While updating textproc/sk-mythes, I found
that www.sk-spell.sk.cx is unstable (DNS/server) today. LOCAL is
*stable* as it mirrored worldwide.

At last, we could write a script to detect rerolled tarballs, extract
date string from webpage, and notify office@ members. Then, a committer
would update LOCAL and commit this update.

HTH

Regards,
--
   Sunpoet Po-Chuan Hsieh <sunpoet at sunpoet.net> <sunpoet at FreeBSD.org>
           4096R/CC57E36B 8AD8 68F2 7D2B 0A10 7E9B 8CC0 DC44 247E CC57 E36B