Complex arg-trig functions

Stephen Montgomery-Smith stephen at missouri.edu
Sun Aug 5 18:48:56 UTC 2012

On 08/05/2012 05:05 AM, Bruce Evans wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Aug 2012, Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:

>> What is the purpose of the macros norm and spadd?
>
> [Answer snipped for brevity]

Thank you.  Your answers are very helpful.  I had no idea what norm and
spadd did, and now just even glancing through your answers tells me
exactly what they do (even if I haven't yet fully understood why they work).

If you don't want lengthy comments in the code, perhaps you could simply
include the following link in a comment:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-numerics/2012-August/000020.html

Let me say that in my proposed code for casinh, etc, that I do have
essay length comments.
http://people.freebsd.org/~stephen/catrig.c

I plan to respect your style (keep out very lengthy comments), but I
hope whomever commits my code will respect my style and keep the lengthy
comments.