Problems compiling mplayer sources from the site.

clayton rollins crollins666 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 20 12:05:38 PDT 2004

On Oct. 19, 2004, Martes Wigglesworth <martes.wigglesworth at earthlink.net>

>When I attempt to compile mplayer-1.0pre5, I get the following error after
>gmaking the sources.
>
> > gmake install
[snipped]

>I have had a heck of a time getting this far, usually it does not even
>recognize the make file, then I remembered that I was using make, and not
>gmake.
>
>Any assistance would be great.
>I have tried to touch an mplayer file to different directories, with no
>success.
>

>--
>

>M.G.W.
>Wiggtekmicro, Corp.

Before saying anything else, I should state that technical questions should
be sent to freebsd-questions at freebsd.org, which is the only official list
for
such things.

I have no idea about the error your seeing; haven't seen that one yet... :)

However, is there any special reason you're not using the ports system?
Described here:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports.html

Best Regards,
Clayton