FreeBSD Newbies FAK

sietze freebsd at sietze.com
Sun Jul 25 09:01:54 PDT 2004

Hi all,

Though not new to Unix I am new to FreeBSD. This weekend, after reading up
at lenght, I have done my first installs and I found a couple of issues. The
installation documentation does not always reflect the exact process. And
after one install the system didn't boot, complaining about a missing kernel.
Searching the FreeBSD archives and Google showed that more people got the
same error over time, though no solution was provided in any of the forums.
It turned out to be an issue with the drive parameters.

Is there any place where I can send the information while it is still fresh
on my mind so that future newbies will have less probs during their first
installs?

Sietze Dijkstra
NetAdmin