The Linux Experiment

Johnson David DavidJohnson at Siemens.com
Tue Jan 27 12:07:35 PST 2004

Chip Morton wrote:

> Not FreeBSD related, but an interesting read from the perspective of a
> veteran Windows user turned UNIX newbie.
>
> http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,113746,pg,1,00.asp

 From the article:

"I didn't want a Macintosh--for one thing, I didn't want to move to a
new hardware platform. That left me just one other choice: Linux."

That a PC World editor only know of two operating systems for the x86
platform is shameful. I could understand the average Joe on the street
thinking that there's only Windows and Linux, but an editor of a major
computer magazine?

We really need to get the word out that FreeBSD exists. Before we can
get to the point of promoting its features, we need to promote its
existance!

David