FTP client

Johnson David DavidJohnson at Siemens.com
Thu Jan 8 11:47:52 PST 2004

On Thursday 08 January 2004 10:39 am, Trey Sizemore wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 12:47, Mazen S. Alzogbi wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > What FTP client should I use under GNOME? I need the ftp client to
> > support deleting non-empty directories.
>
> Not sure if gFTP does this, but I've used it quite a bit.  Very nice.

If you end up using KDE instead of GNOME, you should try Konqueror as
well. If you point it to an FTP site then it will browse the site using
the file manager. This is very convenient for drag-n-drop, changing
permissions on remote files, ...and deleting non-empty directories.

David