What are they talking about???

Andrew Predoehl apredoehl at go.mailsvc.com
Thu Jan 8 11:41:39 PST 2004

Hello!  I'm reading with some interest the tempest that's a-blowin' on -chat,
and as a newbie, I just got here and I'm wondering what the heck these people
are talking about.  A few questions (not -questions questions, just newbie
questions):  What's bikeshedding, or a bikeshed disagreement?  What's the heck
are GEOM and SMP?  What's a WIKI?  Anybody know a dictionary of these acronyms
that I read all the time?  I can figure out 90% of them but some of them (like
PITA*) leave me mystified...

Andrew

* e.g., from freebsd-mobile vol. 42 #1 msg 3, 5 Jan 2004.