Unable to install freebsd

rob copsey robc at execpc.com
Sun Jan 4 18:40:27 PST 2004

Greetings,

I've noticed that the sysinstall program has a small quirk.
If you elect to discontinue the installation process after
the filesystem has been created; subsequently restarting
the process without a reboot will yield an error.

So, please attempt to install once again without choosing
to cancel and restart, if you haven't already done so.

Good Luck & All the best,
Rob

> I want to learn more about freebsd and consequently I have purchased
a new motherboard SYNTAX, DURON AMD integrated video card, sound and
ethernet.  The computer has 256 MB of memory, an old western digital 6
GiG hard disk and a CDROM 40X.  I burned the ISO image of 4.8 and 4.9
release and ran the SYSINSTALL.  I can only go as far as : (1) unable
to swap to /dev/ad0s1b and (2) unable to make new root file system
on /dev/ad0s1a.  Needless to say, I can not run freebsd.  I created on
big slice, actually the whole hard disk, and partition according to
instructions selecting the auto option.  Is there more information I
could get on how to get around this issue.
> Thank you.

CoreComm Webmail.
http://home.core.com