Mouse issues

David Smith dave at dave-smith.co.uk
Wed Sep 24 04:40:38 PDT 2003

G'day all.

I've having a bit of a nightmare with getting a mouse to work.

I've used RH for about 2 years but thought i would put freebsd 4.8 onto
my laptop as a way of getting to learn it.

The basic install is fine, however when i'm at work i plug my laptop
(Sony SR21K) into my PS2 KVM via a USB connector that has PS2 connectors
for a keyboard and mouse.  Now i can use the keyboard by issuing:

kbdcontrol -k /dev/kbd1

(although i would prefer to have both able to work the whole time, so
any tips here would be most welcome)

however the mouse is a different story

from dmesg i get:

uhub0: Intel UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
ukbd0: Tangtop Generic USBPS2, rev 1.10/0.01, addr 2, iclass 3/1
kbd1 at ukbd0
ums0: Tangtop Generic USBPS2, rev 1.10/0.01, addr 2, iclass 3/1
ums0: 3 buttons and Z dir.

however if i do a cat /dev/ums0 i get a device busy error

any one got any ideas / thoughts / miracle cures as to where the mouse
might be ?

TIA

Regards
Dave