Is it true that Microsoft uses BSD's Stack?

Jonathan j.e.drews at worldnet.att.net
Sun Sep 21 07:50:06 PDT 2003

Hi:

 I came across this statement while looking for info on why desktop software
can be so buggy:

Excerpt:
"How many non-technical people know that, at least as far as I know, one
of the primary reasons Microsoft's NT and Win2k etc. actually works and
remains stable on a LAN is that they used the BSD TCP/IP code.   How
pathetic it is that Microsoft, with all their billions, can't write
clearly defined protocol stack software, uses open-source BSD's, and
then spends millions trying to stymie open-source software! "

From:
http://anumail1.anu.edu.au/pipermail/link/2002-August/020463.html

 Is this true? That the Win 2000 and NT machines uses BSD code?

--
		Kind regards,
		Jonathan