TCP IP fails after n minutes

Ed Anisko ed_anisko at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 17 12:56:11 PDT 2003

I am using 4.8 and qmail for a high volume smtp relay on three identical 1u servers.  Sis MB, pIII 833, on board nics, ide, shared memory for viedo set at 2mb.  Nice boxes. Call them mail1, mail2 and mail3... Each have their own networking issues that I could use a hand with.

email1: - Dead
It worked fine for a day, now after a reboot i get the following error:
sis0: PHY failed to come ready.
the computer hangs indefinately and needs the power cut to come back up, at which point it repeats the same problem.

email2: - It works for a while
It works for about 30 mins until it seems to 'drop off the internet'  By this i mean... it receives and sends mail at its ip for 30 mins and then.... It can ping itself but it can't ping its gateway router. and no other computer can ping it.  But it doesn't crash.  I have been rebooting every 1/2 hour, hardly the best solution. (hey im new)  And i would really appreciate any input that would sever this computer attatchment disorder.

email3: - It works!
Hey buddy! No one is as suprised as me.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks